1) Any amendments to the original order will need to be made in writing, and the quotation can be adjusted accordingly.
2) All quotations are provided free of charge and with no obligation to proceed. All quotations will be based on the information made available at the time and could be subject to change under certain circumstances.
3) Fault finding / investigations will be charged accordingly, and this price will be
waived if you choose S T Plumbing and Heating Gas Specialists Ltd to complete the necessary repairs as diagnosed.
4) Upon a final heat loss calculation of the installation, the system design can be subject to change to increase the efficiency without alteration to the costing
5) Where the flues pass through an outside wall, we will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure that when filling the hole, this matches the existing wall finish, but exact matching cannot be guaranteed.
6) Carpets/flooring may need to be lifted to install pipework. In such an event, S T Plumbing and Heating Gas Specialists Ltd endeavor to return the carpet/ flooring to as near as original condition as possible. Although it is important to note that we are heating engineers, not carpet fitters, therefore, no liability can be accepted for any damage caused to carpet / flooring, unless caused by our negligence.
7) Whilst working on site we will always endeavour to protect your possessions and property; however, it is the responsibility of the householder / occupier to protect all belongings, in areas work is being carried out. S T Plumbing and Heating cannot accept liability for damage to possessions, unless caused by our negligence.
8) Power flushing to remove debris from a central heating system can, on rare occasions, expose previously undetectable faults, weak points, or breaches. S T Plumbing and Heating Gas Specialists Ltd cannot be held responsible for any such pre-existing conditions which might be revealed, or for any resulting damage which may occur.
9) Installing a new boiler will not affect individual radiators or cause them to cease working. If there are pre existing faults with the radiators on the system they may need to be replaced; resulting in an additional charge.
10) When installing a new boiler, it may come to light that new pipework may also need to be installed due to a difference in diameter between existing pipework and the new boiler. In such cases an additional charge may be incurred.
11) When converting any pipework from static head pressure to fully pressurised we do need you to be aware that, when we fit the new appliance, the system must be pressurised. If there is any old pipework or radiators in place, the pressurisation can sometimes highlight any issues and/or corroded pipework, radiator or ball valves may leak or become defective. We do not accept responsibility for any problems which arise due to the integrity or suitability of the existing system to which the new boiler is connected. We can replace pipework or radiators if required, but any cost related to this would be chargeable.
12) All gas and water piping will be installed and insulated according to appropriate standards. Pipe work will be concealed, wherever possible; however, this will be at the discretion of S T Plumbing & Heating Gas Specialists Ltd
13) Removal of waste from site is not included, other than ferrous and non-ferrous metals, unless specified within the quotation. Please note: whilst the removal and recycling of all non-ferrous metal is included within the costing of the project, please be aware that manual handling weight limits may result in certain items not been removed from site.
14) All materials and workmanship are guaranteed for 12 months*# following the completion of all works.
15) The customer will have 31 days from the initial quotation in which to accept.
16) No liability can be accepted for any damage caused by substandard partition walls, that do not have the adequate support for load bearing items.
17) It is the customers / contractor’s responsibility when fitting new fix radiators and or pipework as part of any third party works, to ensure that the plans are available for our engineer before works commence or an agreed location for the radiator and or pipework has been made with the third party, in writing, prior to installation. S T Plumbing & Heating can accept no responsibility for the incorrect position of this, if this information has not been presented at the time of our works and if a secondary visit is required to make alterations, this will be chargeable.
18) S T Plumbing & Heating can accept no liability for any damage incurred to pottery during the removal or replacement of bath and or basin taps, unless caused by our negligence. Although every care will be taken, the existing condition of the bath and or basin cannot be determined i.e. pre-existing hairline cracks, etc; which could lead to damage of the bath and or basin upon removal.
19) No final decoration or finished surface of a project shall be carried out unless specifically stated within the quotation.
20) Whilst investigating and repairing leaks: –
S T Plumbing & Heating will not accept responsibility or liability for damage caused by residual water.
It is the responsibility of the customer to protect items of furniture, furnishings, fixtures, fittings, and personal belongings in and around the affected area.
21) All payments must be made within 24hrs of the receipt of invoice, unless paid directly to the attending engineer or office upon job completion
22) Complaints Policy: –
S T Plumbing & Heating always endeavours to provide the best service. However, on rare occasions there may be times where a customer may not be completely satisfied.
To ensure we can put things right for you, as soon as possible after the completion of the works, please inspect the work to ensure everything has been carried out based on the contract terms and to the high standards we aim to achieve.
Please contact S T Plumbing & Heating straight away with any concerns, either by phone 01977 671859, email email@example.com or write to us at 11 Hill Top, Knottingley, WF11 8EB. If writing, please get proof of postage.
S T Plumbing & Heating Complaint Procedure
On receipt of your complaint S T Plumbing & Heating aims to respond within 5 days.
S T Plumbing & Heating will arrange a convenient date to come and view and/or remedy the situation within 28 days.
In the unlikely event that S T Plumbing & Heating is unable to resolve your complaint having exhausted the complaints procedure, it may be necessary to use another complaint service. Where S T Plumbing & Heating cannot resolve the complaint to your satisfaction and / or agree to the final resolution requests confirmed to us; and both parties agree a ‘deadlock’ has been reached, you can then escalate your complaint.
S T Plumbing & Heating has access to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) service for our domestic installation, service, repair, and maintenance contracts as part of the Which? Trusted Traders’ Alternative Dispute Resolution. You will need to contact Which? Trusted Traders on 02922 670040 who can explain if you are eligible to use their Alternative Dispute Resolution.
S T Plumbing & Heating Gas Specialists take your privacy seriously. Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if it is necessary to fulfil our contractual obligations to you; or because you have asked you to do something before entering into a contract. As such, we will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you have requested from us.
In respect of any personal data relating to our customers:
Will only process such personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation.
Will implement and maintain all appropriate technical and organisational security measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal data when it is processed.
Will take all reasonable steps to ensure that access to the personal data is limited to those personnel who require access to it.
Will not transfer the personal data to a third party unless this is required to carry out the product / service you have requested from us. We do not, or ever will, transfer your personal data to third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
Will retain personal data for up to 10 years after you cease services with us, due to legal and/or accountancy obligations or whilst a product remains in warranty.
You have the right to access the information we hold about you. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can obtain the information for you.
In the event of a data breach, we shall ensure that our obligations under applicable data protection laws are complied with where necessary.
You have the right to make a complaint about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
Information Commissioners Office
*Any product covered by an extended manufacturer’s warranty will be highlighted at the point of quote / installation and the customer instructed on how to register the product if applicable.
# Any electrical product is covered by a 6 month manufacturer’s warranty. This does not affect your statutory rights to seek redress beyond this period.